IMPORTANT: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the diocese has determined the following,
The application deadline for Spalding scholarships for the 2020-2021 school year has been extended https://online.factsmgt.
Families must upload either their federal 2019 OR 2018 tax return. Regardless of which year’s tax return they upload, they must also upload their 2019 W-2’s.
Please complete your applications as soon as possible so that FACTS is not inundated with applications at the deadline date. FACTS will need time to review and verify all families’ supporting documentation. We will do our best to notify schools and families of the awards as near the end of June or shortly thereafter.
Spalding Diocesan Scholarship
● A family applying for Spalding Scholarship assistance must be an active member in good standing of a parish in the Catholic Diocese of Peoria.
● The student[s] for whom the aid is being sought must be enrolled in good standing [or seeking to be enrolled] in grades K through 12 in a Catholic school located in the Diocese of Peoria.
● All scholarship assistance will be based on a family’s financial need objectively assessed. The diocese will use FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Services to determine financial need.
● All scholarship assistance will also be dependent upon the recommendation of the pastor that the family is an active member of the parish in good standing
● If a student changes schools during a school year, tuition assistance grants will follow the student as long as the student is enrolled in and in good standing in a Catholic school in the Diocese of Peoria and the family is a member in good standing of a parish in the Diocese of Peoria.
● All awards are for one school year only. A family must apply for Spalding Scholarship assistance each school year.
● The number of grants and the amount of each grant for the school year will be dependent upon the funds available and the size and need of the applicant pool.
● Payment of Spalding Scholarship Grants will be made twice a year directly to the Catholic school a student attends. These grants will be applied to the family’s tuition obligation. Tuition assistance grants will be announced by the end of April 2020.
● Families interested in applying for tuition assistance from the Spalding Scholarship Fund must complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Application. This form may be completed online at online.factsmgt.com/aid. Filing online is the fastest and most direct method of submitting the FACTS Grant & Aid Application. A family may also obtain a printed copy of the FACTS Grant & Aid Application from the school that their child attends or will attend, and complete it according to directions. Supporting tax documents must also be remitted to FACTS by March 13, 2021.
● The completed FACTS application, the fee ($45), and any required supporting documents are to be filed with FACTS according to their directions.
● Families must also request the pastor submit a recommendation to the Office of Catholic Schools verifying good standing in the parish and the school respectively.
● The application process is complete only when the pastor’s recommendation has been submitted to the Office of Catholic Schools and when a completed parent financial aid application, including all required supporting documents and the fee, have been submitted to FACTS. It is important to submit applications and documents as soon as possible. Only completed applications which include supporting documents submitted on or before March 15, 2020 will be considered when Spalding assistance awards are determined.
● A Checklist of all steps to complete when submitting an application for a Spalding Scholarship application is available at https://cdop.org/ under Catholic Education and then under Financial Assistance. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the link to the forms.
● If there are any further questions please contact The High School of Saint Thomas More at 217-352-7210 and ask for Becky Knoblauch, Director of Finance, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.